Genus AS is a software company delivering a low-code application development platform. Through the use of our platform, our customers may collect and process information acting as a Data Controller. In some circumstances, Genus AS acts as a Data Processor on behalf of our customers, with data processing agreements entered between our customers and us governing our processing. If you have any questions regarding your privacy for services provided by other companies (our customers) through their use of the Genus platform, please contact the company in question.
Last updated: Oct 21st, 2021
Who we are
Genus AS (“Genus AS”, “We”, and “Us”) is a Norwegian software company established under the laws of Norway. Genus AS acts as the Data Controller for the Personal Data as described in this document.
You may manage your preferences, unsubscribe or submit your inquiries regarding Personal Data protection, privacy and security matters, or any other reason via firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
What Personal Data We collect, and how do we do it
Personal Data refers to information that you voluntarily submit to us that identifies you personally. This may include contact information such as your name, email address, company name, phone number, address, and other information about yourself or your company. Personal Data also includes information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google, or other publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Data also includes Navigational Information that we collect, which refers to information about your computer and your visits to our website. This information can include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and pages viewed.
You may decline to provide Personal Data, but this may result in you not being able to use parts of our websites or other digital services.
We may collect your Personal Data:
When you fill out a contact form
When you contact us with questions or requests, or when you request access to other resources (e.g. eBooks, webinars, etc.), you are asked to fill out a form with information about you and your company. We may collect various information about you, such as name, email, position, company information, phone number, and other contact information you fill out. We collect this information to be able to respond and further communicate with you.
When you subscribe to newsletters and updates
When you subscribe to our newsletters and updates, we will collect your first and last names and your email. We collect this information to provide you with updates on your request.
When you visit our websites
When you visit our websites, we may collect certain Navigational Information from your computer or internet connection. We use this information to help us determine the performance of our digital channels with a legitimate interest in marketing our products and services, creating better technology, and improving our communication.
We also collect hardware and software information, such as device and application data, to enable the service of reCAPTCHA v3 for general security purposes. This information will not be used for personalized advertising by Google or Us.
When you apply for a position
When you apply for a position, you will be asked to provide Personal Data both through our website and further in the process. We collect (i) your personal details, (ii) data submitted in résumés/CVs and other written material (iii) data generated by interviewers or recruiters, (iv) open information from the internet, (v) data provided by third-party placement firms/recruiters/job-search websites, (vi) recommendations provided on your behalf by others, (vii) documentation required under immigration laws, (viii) data about your prior employment, education, and where applicable, credit history, criminal records or other data revealed during background screenings, and (ix) data about your health or disability where it is relevant to your ability or availability to work or to a workplace accommodation, subject to legal limits on the timing of collection of such data or other applicable limitations. We collect and process this information based on our legitimate interest in processing your application.
When you register for a course at Genus Academy
When you register for a course at Genus Academy, you will be asked to provide information about you and your company: name, email, company details, phone number, and other contact information. We also hold information about which training courses you have previously attended and track your progress. We collect and process this information based on our legitimate interest in providing you with the best possible service for your professional development.
When you visit our pags in social media
When you submit a support ticket
When you submit a support ticket, we will collect your name and contact details, as well as a description of the problem you’re experiencing. We collect and process this information with a legitimate interest of providing the best possible service to you, and to comply with the performance of a contract with us or any legal obligations. We urge you not to send any screenshots or attachments containing confidential or personal data, or to anonymize confidential or personal data before submitting.
When we receive information about you from several sources, we will combine this information in certain circumstances to enrich our understanding of your requirements and preferences in relation to our services. For instance, we may combine Navigational Information with other existing information you have provided. We may also combine your Personal Data with information we have lawfully obtained from third parties. We perform such data enrichment to be able to send you more relevant information, content, and recommendations, as well as to prepare more effective marketing campaigns in general. Such data enrichment is done based on our legitimate interest in providing a better service, deliver better product offerings, and personalizing your experience in your interactions with us.
Use of Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data as permitted by law and only for the reasons we collected it. We may use your information:
To fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract, including:
- Sending you necessary communications and administrative information (e.g. related to payments, service changes or expiration of subscription)
- Provide customer service and support
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To manage our relationship with you, such as your registration to a course, an event, or as a customer
As required by Genus to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interest, in particular:
- Providing you with our websites and other products or services you have requested
- Analyze the use of our websites and services to understand how they are being used so we can improve them and retain users
- Send you information about our products and services
- Diagnosing problems in our websites
- Investigating and responding to any comments or complaints that you may send us
- In connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of information in connection with legal process or litigation)
- To create targeting groups for marketing purposes
- To measure the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
- To facilitate social sharing functionality
Where you have given your consent, including:
- Sending you marketing communication, content, and recommendations
- To process your application for a position
- Placing cookies and similar technologies on our websites based on the information provided to you when such technologies are used
- On other occasions, based on your active consent, we will use your information for the purposes explained at that time
For legal reasons, including:
- To comply with legal processes
- To respond to requests by government and law enforcement authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence
- To protect our operations and the operations of our affiliates
- For audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, security or technical issues
Social sharing features
Who we share your Personal Data with
Genus AS will not share your Personal Data with others unless you have given us your consent, or if there is a legal basis for such disclosure.
We can share your data:
- With trusted Genus Partners based on your request to receive information or services from such partners. Genus Partners are prohibited from using your Personal Data except to respond to such requests, and they are required to maintain confidentiality of your information. We will disclose only the Personal Data necessary to deliver the information or services you have requested.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock. In this case, you will be notified by email and/or see a notice in our digital channels about any changes in ownership, use of your Personal Data and your choices.
- If required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order or legal process.
We use appropriate technical, organizational, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the data supplied by you against loss and unlawful processing. However, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, no company can guarantee absolute security for its products or services. If you have any reason to believe that your information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
You have a variety of tools to control the data collected by cookies and similar technologies. For example, it is possible to switch off, clear, or block cookies in your browser preferences. However, this may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
LinkedIn Insight Tag and Facebook Pixel
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email unless you have given your prior consent, and you may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time.
You may exercise the following rights regarding the information that is collected and/or processed by Genus AS:
- Request to know what Personal Data we have stored on you, and access to a copy of it
- Request the rectification or completion of any of your Personal Data that would be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Data
- Object to any processing of your Personal Data we do on the basis of legitimate interests
- Object or opt out from receiving our newsletter, and/or other updates
- Withdraw a previously given consent at any time
Personal Data is stored as long as you have an active relationship with us or our digital channels, or until you request the erasure of your Personal Data. An active relationship with us or our digital channels is defined as:
- Being an active customer of us;
- Agreeing to receive marketing information from us; or
- Actively requesting contact with or information with us through social media, electronic messages or online forms.
We also collect Personal Data through our recruitment portal. If you are given and accept an offer of employment by Genus AS, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your Genus AS personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with Genus. If we do not employ you, we may continue to retain and use personal data collected during the recruitment process to consider you for new positions, and to refer to an earlier application if you submit a resume or other information to Genus AS again in the future.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be stored on servers located in Norway and within the European Union, but may also be processed in other countries where we have facilities or engage service providers or business partners. If you are located outside Norway and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Data, to Norway and process it here.
If we need to transfer your Personal Data to other service providers or business partners in countries that do not require an adequate level of protection, we will ensure there are adequate safeguards in place. This includes relying on Privacy Shield, Model Clauses, and/or other lawful mechanisms to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Links to other websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites not operated by us. Genus is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, and such links do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed the websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of other websites you visit.
Use of this website by children
This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16 years. If you are younger than 16, you may not provide information through or use this website. If you believe that we have information about a child under 16, please contact us so that we may delete this information.